Guidelines for submitting supervision work
Please bear the following in mind when you submit work to me: it makes it simpler to mark, and therefore I can spend more time reading what you have written, rather than hunting for a missing part of a question, for example. Some of it may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many people have nonstandard ideas of how to format and submit work.
- My email address is rc476@cam etc.
- Work in: Folder in DPMMS C pigeonhole at CMS by 1800 the day before. If you do not hand in on time, I do not guarantee it will be marked in time. If you cannot hand in by this time, please email me and explain yourself.
- Do not write in red.
- Make sure work is held together securely (staples or paperclips), AND IN QUESTION ORDER.
- Unstained, dry work is preferred.
- Do all the questions (including starred). Separate them clearly (draw a line between or start a new sheet).
- If I can't read it, I'm unlikely to be able to mark it. Please also space your work out so I can write comments on it if necessary.
- Supervisions are in the CMS Core.
- If you want me to answer questions relating to material in lectures, please bring your notes so I can see what you've been told.
- If you haven't covered enough to do the whole sheet, email me and we'll change times accordingly.
- If you have major problems with the course, email me and I'll see what I can do to help.
- If you no longer wish to receive supervisions in this course, please let me and your partner know as soon as possible.
- The above information will appear in my first email to you, and the guidelines are also on my website, which I will also link in the email.
Trinity College, Cambridge, 2019.